Sunday, December 6, 2009

My best friend (and crush) says she is going to prom with friends, so what do i do?

So Prom is less than a month away and I don't have a date. I've fallen for my best friend, who I am incredibly comfortable around, have great conversation with, et. al.



I've asked her, but more as friends, and she said that she's going with her girl friends (whom I am also friends with).



I kinda playfully brought it up again, and said that I'd hang with them anyway, and she said she'd think about it (girl code for "No")



I don't think I'm asking for much as a friend (probably the biggest commitment I'd want is a photo together) and if she's declined me twice already, should I press the issue? She doesn't know how I feel about her and she doesn't feel the same way about me (she sees me as more of a big brother).



Should I ask her for real?



Should I find another date/go stag?



Should I just forget going WITH her and just hang out with her and friends that night?



Is there a point to trying anymore?



And please no romanticized answers. My life is not a movie and it won't turn out like one



My best friend (and crush) says she is going to prom with friends, so what do i do?default myspace





whatever you do, dont press the issue. the more you bring it up, the more she is gonna be turned away from the prospect of going with you.



my advice: go with your guy friends, and make sure you dance with her and get a photo-op with her!



have fun! =P



and please answer my question http://answers.yahoo.com/question/;_ylc=...



My best friend (and crush) says she is going to prom with friends, so what do i do?guy myspace myspace.com



just ask her. high school will be over in a month anyway, you can do anything you want
i wouldn鈥瞭 say anything else, you鈥瞯e given her two chances to say "yes" and she didn鈥瞭 show any sign of wanting to go to prom with you. find another date or go stag.
u should ask her to go with u no matter what!
your life COULD turn out like one.. that's why movies exist...



but realistically.. chances are it wont.. even though it COULD...



so to answer your question truthfully... you should definately go "WITH her and just hang out with her and friends that night"...



There is always a point in trying.. if you care for her. until she gives you a definitive "No, I don't wanna be your gf" type answer, the ball still up in the air... i'm kinda sure that while you are hanging with her and her/your friends... you'll see if you really want her. especially at prom.



lemme tell you something quick... as a college kid who has already experienced prom and the whole "prom romance" thing... romance STARTED at a prom is more powerful than a romance started before prom, lasted during prom, until a little after prom. kids go to college dude... are you guys going to the same college? what about colleges that are even in the same state?!? these are huge things to think about. working long distance relationships are less likely to happen than working.. non-distance relationships... think about this.



back to prom night.



pay more attention to her than everyone else, make it known. if you wanna be her bf, you need to show her you'll be devoted. but don't be clingy. girls hate it just like us guys. been there done that... both sides... anywho...



try and play with her... little jokes n such.. woo her all you can, but dont' be cheesy. maybe something like... im thirsty.. you want something while i git a soda?? little things like that.



at the end of the night, if nothing else fails.. if she doesn't seem to be "falling" for you.. in any way at all... before you get back into that car... before she does... ask if you can talk to her... in private.



this is where you explain to her your feelings/intentions. explain how you just wanna know where she stands... if you have a chance or if you should know to just plain be there for her as you always have. if she says just be there... there's nothing else you could do... ball's in her court and she'll decide later on in YOUR life... by then who knows? you might have another girl. (i emphasized YOUR life cuz it's YOURS... you're not asking her to be in her life... you're asking her for her to be in YOUR life. to be a part of YOU.... i hope you understand that... if its any different then its not right..)



just try and be as respectful and blunt as you can... its almost polar opposite things to be.. respectful/blunt.. but if you can do it.. you won't be asking any more questions on yahoo!-answers...



good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
education loans