Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My Mexican friends look more Native American than my Native American friends?

If Mexicans are supposedly Mestizo then why do they look more Native American than my Native American friends? I have both Mexican and Native American friends and most of my Native American friends look more mixed than my Mexican friends. My Mexican friends look fully Native American.



My Mexican friends look more Native American than my Native American friends?famous myspace





maybe you should perform a nationality transplant.



What ever happened to just being american.



My Mexican friends look more Native American than my Native American friends?wwe myspace myspace.com



Probably unrelated Native groups. Mine, and most other Native people from any Iroquoian group, are lighter than folks out west, and so on.



There really isn't one "Native American" look, either. It varies by nation, sometimes greatly.
who cares?
i'm mexican and some times people that know any native language speak it to me and i'm like """WHATTTT?



ja ja ja ja
because they are more indian than mexican do your research. just because they came from mexico does noit make them typical mexicans, they have an indian culture there too.
it depends. different races can look more like another race than their own. like me for example, i am white...but nobody believes me...i have a dark tan (real tan) and dark eyes...hair...full lips and a bit of a slant to my eyes...and everybody asks me what race i am...i think its funny.
maybe you should pay attention to the road
There has been White and Native American interbreeding since Europeans landed in North America. Some of the Native American tribes were fair skinned and there was a system of capturing white girls and young male children, and they became members of the tribes as full citizens. The Southern tribes were not as mixed blood, as most whites settled north of there lands. They kept interbreeding with other tribes which kept them more dark skin and dark hair. The Mexicans that are more native looking ,most are half Indian and half Inca ,Mayan, etc. So they are native North and Central American.
Because Mexicans are Mestizos, we vary in complexions and features. Not every Mexican is going to look mixed and some will look more like one side of their mestizo background than the other. For example they always tell my boyfriend he looks fully Native American (he's Mexican) and people confuse me to be Caucasian (I'm Mexican too). It also depends what part of Mexico they're from.
The white man killed off most of the Native Americans.



They married many that were left. My grand Mother being



one. So we are more mixed than the average Mexican.



The Spaniards being more tolerant married the Indians



in that part of north America. Then there's the Different



fetchers of the different nations. The Cherokee wore



turbans and some even sported a small goatees.



Thanks for that good question



Good luck.
I think the mixing with the Spanish has been stretched out more than it is. There were only a couple thousand Spaniards. I don't think there was really that much mixing. Most likely just one of those myths. The majority of Mexicans are obviously mostly Indigenous.
craziness....I'm Native-Shoshone Paiute- and whenever I leave the rez I get people trying to speak spanish to me! WTF!?!??!?!?!



lol
You are using your own interpretation of what a Native American looks like. Any Hollywood movie will pick the best looking or the "classic image" of what the public non Native perspective is.



But don't forget Mexicans are Native, just a little further South.



It is all the same continent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
education loans