Sunday, December 6, 2009

Question about Best Friends & married spouses!?

Recently at a mall, I overheard (eavesdropped) a conversation b/w 2 married galpal sisters. One gal commented to the other that her Best Friend in the world was her husband...no biggy. However, much to the 1st gal's surprise (and mine too), 2nd gal declared that her Best Friend was NOT her husband, but someone else...she went on to say that her husband was the only man for her, she absolutely loves him, she couldn't have found better man 4a husband, etc, but she insisted he still wasn't her best friend in the whole world! At this point, I got distracted, and missed who was her best friend in the world. But this woman was absolutely convinced that her best friend wasn't her husband!



So I am asking you all, what could this mean?



Is your betroathed spouse supposed to be your soul-mate, but not your best friend in the world? and why/why not?



I realize that childhood bestfriends or siblings can be best friends forever, but marriage is the absolute?



I just need some perspective!



Question about Best Friends %26amp; married spouses!?music myspace





Not all spouses are each other's best friend, and that is ok. Everyone is different and what works for one couple will not work for another. Some couples want and need to spend every waking moment together and doing things together, while others are very happy when they have their lives together but their separate lives too. All that matters is that it works for the two people involved. There are no hard and fast rules about this.



Question about Best Friends %26amp; married spouses!?emo myspace myspace.com



Soul mates are jokes.



You don't have to have just ONE best friend.



And it's nice to have a girlfriend to talk to.
her mother could be her best friend or her sister
My husband is my best friend however you STILL need your gal pals to discuss other things. Its nice to have a mix.
My best friend by a mile is my wife. Don't know who the girl could have been thinking of unless maybe it was her mother.
I think a best friend could be your spouse but most likely a friend I mean who would you have to complain too when your mad at your spouse if it was not for you best friend?



I wish more women would wake up smell the coffee and stop devoting thier whole life to one man!



I think all women should keep a gal pal a few gal pals around.
People whose spouse's are their best friends are very very lucky. That is the best kind of marriage to have and the one most people dream of. The reality is that many aren't that lucky. The old adage about 'marry your best friend' is true.
I think its entriely possible to love your partner or spouse more than anything and still have someone else as a best friend-there's plenty of love to go around!
all relationships are different is the bottom line. How many relationships do you have in your life? With your family, your friends, your children, your partner. They are all different and the love is different too. Some people say they are best friends with their Mum, some their partner, some one of their friends, some even say they are best friends with their kids.



My partner is not my 'best friend' but he comes pretty close. I am actually best friends with his sister. I wouldn't want to be a best friend with my partner, there would be no mystery in our relationship plus, just because I love him, and we have been together a long long time, and we share a lot, I don't want to know EVERYTHING, it would make the relationship boring. There has to be some surprise!
ok, my best friend in the WHOLE world is not my significant other either. but he is held more highly to me cus he is my love/ and also held as my best friend. my best friend in the whole world is a female who is like a walking diary- i love her to death she is my ride or die chick. my man i love him to death too, but he doesn't know me as well and we haven't been thru as much as me and my best friend have. so while he's my love/ and my best friend. she on the other hand is my best friend in the whole world!
Well your spouse SHOULD be your best friend in the world but there are also roles and responsibilities that each spouse plays for the other. So in some situations, one may feel more free to open up to someone besides your spouse because that friend may have less reason to judge you or be offended by what you have to say.



I tried to be best friends with my former wife. I tried for years. But she was just one of those who could not open up to men the way she could to women. It may have been that her mother went through 4 husbands before my future spouse left home, so there was not a good role model for her. Some spouses view the other as a necessity in life but not necessarily their best friend. I think that is sad, though, and that they are missing something truly wonderful.



Be best friends with your spouse if you can. Friends on the side are good and are needed, but they should never take priority over your spouse.
my bff is a man i have known since i was 13 and that was 30ys ago.. why were not together.. well we did try for about 2 wks when i was 19.. but we were like brother and sister..for me atleast.. he was heart broken..soul mates and bff is someting all together different..and yeah it is great when they are the same.. but very few of us are that lucky..the realionships you watch on tv is the best.. and sadly most of us watch that.. and that is what we want.. but that is so hard to find...
I know many people who would not describe their partners as their best friends. This does not mean they love their partners less, in fact most of these friends are the ones who have been married the longest, because they have friends outside the marriage. Therefore, they do not rely on one another for everything. Everyone needs space and variety of people in their lives.
WELL IF WE LOOK @ IT FROM YOUR POINT OF VIEW 60% OF "BEST FRIENDS" BREAK UP(DIVORCE), AND WHO IS LEFT PICKING UP THE PIECES YOUR "OTHER BEST FRIEND" WHO HAS KNOWN U SINCE KINDERGARTEN. I BELIEVE THAT YOUR HUSBAND DOESN'T HAVE 2 BE YOUR BEST FRIEND IN ORDER FOR THE MARRIAGE 2 SURVIVE(ALTHOUGH IT WOULD BE NICE). BEST FRIEND DOESN'T MEAN U LOVE THE OTHER PERSON MORE. YOUR HUSBAND IS FAMILY LIKE YOUR SIBLINGS OR PARENTS AND THAT USUALLY RUNS DEEPER THAN "BEST FRIENDS"
my husband is my best friend and all the above. thats why i married him! he completes me and gives me what no other man/woman could ever give me. therefore he deserves ALL OF ME. before marriage then yea girl power bff whatever. but MARRIAGE RISES ABOVE ALL and ur girls will always be there but your man is numero uno. the bible says thats the way its suppose to be. man and wife are eachothers priority above all other things/people. EVEN WHEN ARGUMENTS GET HOT AND HEAVY and it almost seems over- my husband and i dont turn to anyone else but eachother. thats what makes our marriage stronger than most. (but little dumb stuff like fighting over what channel to watch and not listening to my girly stories- that i DO discuss with the girls) lol
My husband is my male best friend, but I gal pal from childhood is my ultimate best bud! Somethings, I just need a female perspective and my husband can't provide that.
it all seems normal to me
You need some perspective?



Start by growing up.



Marriage is work. Marriage is hard. Marriage is worth it.



But does your spouse HAVE to be 'your best friend'?



I dunno, ask the other kids about it during recess....
Your husband is the guy you love, The one you are compatible with, the one you want to be the father of your children. You could have had other men be the same as your husband, but there was something, some quality, about each of the others that was absent that you felt was a requirement. Husbands / wives, get picked out of the crowd because they are close to what you want. Not necessarily the best. Best friends are people who don't judge, accept you, are or can be arms length. A husband / wife is directly affected by any action , decision, the other makes. Not so for friends.
My husband is my soul mate, my best friend, and the man I love, honor, cherish, and submit to. He is the smartest man I know, so I have NO problem sticking to any decisions he makes regarding our family. He is a Christian leader, and is the head of our household. I am proud to be his wife, and amazed daily at his love and respect for me.
It is funny that this question came up actually because my husband and I were talking about just this on Boxing Day.



We were driving home from my sister's home where my whole family (including my ex husband) gathered for a post Christmas lunch. We were talking about the relationships that all my family members had and how well I got along with my sister. My sister and I have a very close bond. We don't see each other often but when we do, we make each other laugh like no one else can. My husband commented to me that was because, my sister was my best friend. He also noted that his brother and him had the same type of relationship and his brother was his best friend. I was a little hurt and told him that although she was a best friend, that he was my ultimate best friend. I can tell him absolutely anything, there are things I can tell him that I wouldn't tell anyone, not even my sister who I trust completely.



We spoke about this at length but I asked to change the subject so I could think on it some more.



Later I went back to him and told him how much I felt hurt that he didn't consider me his best friend. When he saw how hurt I was he changed his story a little claiming that I was his best friend and that went without saying. I can't help but feel that perhaps he was only saying that because he knew how much it hurt me.



I guess the reason it hurt me is because I feel that a husband and wife should be best friends and that something must be wrong if they aren't. There is always room in there for sisters, gal pals, mothers and others but I do believe that if you have made a commitment or promise to be with someone for the rest of your life then there ought to be a high level of friendship there. You need to be good enough friends with someone that if you have a fight, or get hurt feelings that you can work through it. Sometimes love just ain't enough!



I feel that yes, marriage is the absolute.
Well a husband %26amp; a wife can be best of friends but both need their guy %26amp; gal friends....so I don't think it odd if that gal had another bestfriend besides her husband...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
education loans